Loveland Living Planet Aquarium
Closing DateDecember 31, 2017
Position: Associate Director of Education
Reports To: Director of Education
The Associate Director of Education (ADE) is responsible for assisting the Director of Education in all facets of the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium’s educational mission. The Associate Director of Education also has a major role in the development and management of all LLPA education programs, staff, and budget.
The ADE regularly communicates with the Director of Education for strategic planning and training needs to ensure team success in fulfilling the mission, values and goals for the both the Living Planet Aquarium and the Education Department as a whole.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and accountability of the Education Team including professional staff development and implementation of high quality training and evaluation programs. ie: 1 on 1’s, goal tracking, and coaching
• Display an outstanding work ethic and model excellence in presentation skills through the facilitation of departmental and program training.
• Monitor effectiveness of education programs by conducting comprehensive reviews and identifying continuous improvement opportunities based on best practices.
• Assist in managing the annual education department budgets; including regular tracking of expenditures and holding regular budget audits/reports.
• Initiate, develop, and oversee the publishing of educational materials (e.g. Teacher Guides, Visitor Guides, and Educational Brochures).
• Collaborate and work closely with other departments as assigned for project development.
• Organize and take direct supervision over some education programming to ensure a balance of operations and effective communication for an overall quality of experience.
• Assist with seasonal and annual reports for all education department grants/partnerships.
• Attend professional development opportunities to improve education department capabilities. Out of state travel may be required.
• Participate in fundraising, public relations and the promotion of the organization as needed.
• Collaborate with organizations outside of LLPA to create partnerships and expand program opportunities.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Education.
Education and Pre-requisites
Education and Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science required with background experience in team management and program development/evaluation
• Experience in STEM programming, development and implementation
• Management experience in entertainment/hospitality venues (zoos, aquariums, theme parks)
• Strong computer software skills to include proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Time management and goal tracking skills.
Physical Demands of the Job:
This job requires periods of standing and walking as well as extended periods of sitting with data entry.
Special Working Conditions:
Job will primarily be in an office environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected and some holidays.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Loveland Living Planet Aquarium is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. LLPA does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected class under federal, state or local laws.
Compensation and benefits
Medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays, and more!
Apply on our website www.thelivingplanet.com/jobs or copy the link below into your web browser: